Who we are
The website Dzogchen.ro is property of the Asociația Culturală Comunitatea Internațională Dzogchen – Merigar East (hereinafter ACCI), situated in Loc. 23 August, Romania, legally registered at the Court of Mangalia, Romania and holder of CUI 19216731. Being a cultural association, we only receive donations from the public and we are not charging for goods or services. Our contacts are: office.me[at]dzogchen.ro or calling +40755421389.
These are the Terms and Conditions which govern each use you make of the donation payment services provided through the Website.
These Terms and Conditions apply separately to each single donation that you make. Except as provided for in section 6, ‘Monthly Donations’, and unless specified by you, they do not form a contract allowing for future or successive transactions to be set up. By confirming on the Website that you wish to make a donation you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions for that donation.
(1) Donation processing
There are various types of donations that we can receive through this website:
- Free donations: you donate to us without binding your donation to a specific purpose. You can make this type of donations using the Donate tab in the main menu and filling in the respective short form. You will be asked to make a donation, either by choosing among some preset amounts or by naming your amount. Upon your specific request, expressed by email to our address, you can be fully reimbursed for your donation, within one year from the payment.
- Event-related donations: your donation is made in relation to your participation to one of our events or courses. You can participate in an event by registering on each event’s page. Upon registration, you will be asked to make a donation, either by choosing among some preset amounts or by naming your amount. Your donation will be used for covering the costs of organizing the event. The amount of your donation does not condition your participation to the event. In case the event is cancelled, you will be contacted in order for your donation to be reimbursed to you, if you wish so. In case you cancel your participation, part or all of your donation may be reimbursed, depending on each event. Unless it is specified otherwise in the event description, you will be fully reimbursed in case of cancellation, if you require it by contacting us. No reimbursements of donations for the events will be made after the event has taken place.
- Project-related donations: your donation is directed to one of our projects. In the Projects section of the website, you can read about the project and about how the project donations will be used and you can donate by clicking the Donate button and filling in your data. You will be asked to make a donation, either by choosing among some preset amounts or by naming your amount. If you register to our mailing list, you will also be periodically updated about the status of the project and about the expenditure. As a donor you can always ask additional information regarding the way in which the collected funds have been used, by contacting us. Within one year after making your donation, you can also request a reimbursement by contacting us.
- Membership fees: represent the annual fee for members’ adhesion to the association, according to the Statute of the Association. If you are already a member, you can renew your membership by paying the fee online through the Donate tab in the main menu. If you wish to become a member, you should contact us first. Upon paying your membership fee, you should also register to IDC portal and fill in your updated information, so that you will receive your membership benefits. You will be automatically subscribed to our mailing list and receive regular updates regarding the activity of the Association as well as be invited to participate to its General Assembly.
When you make a donation, you will receive an automatic email confirming you that the transaction worked out well. Make sure it doesn’t end up in your spam folder. In case you do not receive the email, or if you need a different type of confirmation for your donation contact us.
Once you confirm to us through the Website that you wish to proceed with your donation your transaction will be processed through our payment services provider, PayU or Paypal. By confirming that you wish to proceed with your donation you authorize PayU to request funds from your credit, debit, or PayPal card provider.
Our association will respect the intent of the donor related to donations for specific purposes and those relating to the desire to remain anonymous, in which case donor’s data will be used only for internal accountancy reasons. If donations received for a project or event will exceed the necessary expenses for that project or event, Merigar East will decide at its discretion how to make use of the funds, always within its statutory purposes.
The Merigar East will provide acknowledgments to donors meeting tax requirements for property received by the charity as a gift. However, except for gifts of cash and publicly traded securities, no value shall be ascribed to any receipt or other form of substantiation of a gift received by Merigar East.
(2) Unauthorised card use
If you become aware of fraudulent use of your card, or if it is lost or stolen, you must notify your card provider.
(3) Information from you
Before we can process a donation you must provide us with (i) your name, address and email address; and (ii) details of the credit or debit card that you wish to use to fund the donation. We will use this information to process your donation. It is your responsibility to ensure you have provided us with the correct information. With respect to anonymous gifts, the Merigar East will restrict information about the donor to only those staff members with a need to know but might need to use your personal data for financial transparency and tax declarations.
When you submit your payment details, these details will be transferred to our payment provider, PayU or Paypal, and your payment data will be collected and processed securely by them. You should make sure that you are aware of PayU and Paypal’s terms and conditions, which are different from our own, to ensure that you are comfortable with how they will process your personal data before you make a donation.
(4) Refund policy
If you make an error in your donation please contact us, a full refund (minus the transfer fees) will be made to you, within one year after you made the donation. This excludes the donations made for events, which will not be reimbursed after the event took place and in some special situations, stated in the description of each event (as described above). The Merigar East will not compensate, whether through commissions, finders’ fees, or other means, any third party for directing a gift or a donor to the Merigar East.
(5) Monthly (recurrent) donations
These Donation Payment Terms and Conditions will only apply to successive donations made through the Website where you have set up a monthly donation. When you set up a regular donation you will be scheduling a series of donations to be made on the day of the month that you choose until further notice. You agree that these Terms and Conditions will apply to each of the donations in that series.
By confirming that you wish to proceed with a monthly donation you authorize our payment service provider to request funds from your credit or debit card on the day of each month that you set.
To cancel your regular donation please contact us.
(7) Complaints procedure
In case you have any complaints regarding the functioning of the website or the donation process, as well as any feedback egarding our activities, you are welcome to contact us.
(8) Limitations to donation processing
Acceptance of any contribution, gift or grant is at the discretion of the Merigar East. The Merigar East will not accept any gift unless it can be used or expended consistently with its purpose and mission.
All payments through the Website are to be made by payment card or via PayPal.
(8) Payment methods
When you make the different types of donations described at point (1), you have the option of paying online with your bank card using the PayU system, paying online with Paypal or paying offline directly to our bank account. The first two options, when active, can be selected from each donation form and the fees and commissions for the payment will be covered by us. If you choose “offline donation” in the donation form, our banking data will be sent to you by email. Please check your spam folder if you do not receive the email. You can thus proceed to pay through a bank transfer or cash, if you are visiting Merigar East. You donation will be confirmed once the transfer has been completed and is visible in our bank account.
We reserve the right to amend these Donation Payment Terms and Conditions at any time.
These Donation Payment Terms and Conditions are governed by Romanian law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Romanian courts.